"Muslim Method of Slaughtering animals is better"
.... Scientific reasons as to WHY this is......
Many allegations have been made that the muslim manner of slaughtering is not humane to animals. However, professor Schultz and his colleague Dr. Hazim of the Hanover University, Germany, proved through an experiment using an electroencephalograph (EEG) and electrocardiogram (ECG) the "Muslim manner of slaughter is THE most humane method of slaughter" and captive bolt stunning (a western practice) causes severe pain to the animal. The results surprised many.
1. Several electrodes were surgically implanted at various points of the skull of all animals, touching the surface of the brain.
2. The animals were allowed to recover for several weeks
3. Some animals were slaughtered by making a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck cuutting the jugular veins, cartoid arteries of both sides, the trachea and oesophagus. (The muslim halal method)
4. Some animals were stunned using a captive bolt pistol humane. ( the western method)
5. During the experiment, EEG and ECH were recorded on all animals to record the condition of the brain and the heart during the course of slaughter and stunning.
Results and Discussions:
The Muslim Method
1 The first three seconds from the time of islamic slaughter as recorded on the EEG did not show any chage from the graph before slaughter, thus indicating the animal did not feel any pain during or immediately after the incision.
2. For the following 3 seconds, the EEG recorded a condition of deep sleep - unconsciousness. This is due to a large quantity of blood gushing out from the body.
3. After the above mentioned 6 seconds, the EEG recorded zero level, showing no feeling of pain at all.
4. As the brain message (EEG) dropped to szero level, the heart was still pounding and the body convulsing vigorously ( a reflex action of the spinal cord) driving maximum blood from the body. This resulted in hygenic meat for the consumer.
The western method by C.B.P. Stunning
1. The animals were apparently unconscious soon after stunning.
2. EEG showed severe pain immediately after stunning.
3. The hearts of the animal stunned by C.B.P. stopped beating earlier as compared to those of the animals slaughtered according to the halal method. This meant more blood stayed within the meat. This in turn is unhygenic for the consumer
In conclusion, the experiment carried out PROVES that the muslim method of slaughter revealed centuries ago by Allah (SWT) to his messengers, is far more humane then any western method. The muslim method results in next to no pain for the animal and gives the most hygenic meat available for consumers.
Al-Shaddad bin Aws has quoted this tradition of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW): "Allah calls for mercy in everything, so be merciful when you kill and when you slaughter, sharpen your blade and let the slaughtered animal die comfortably". (Bukhari)
Reference: Voices Magazine April/May 2003