Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Left work!

So I finally manage to leave work...more persuasive attempts by the boss on the last couple of days but I was now determined moreso than ever. Felt great this weekend knowing that I didnt need to go back to work on monday! I've got almost 2 weeks before I start my new job...hope it goes well.

Actually leaving my old workplace made me realise how in some discreet ways we become attached to worldly things and people. As an example, if we had to move to another job with singnificantly less pay than the current job but our islam would be bettered, how many of us would really be willing to do this?? Try and picture it in your mind...its harder than you think, the nafs is no doubt whispering all manner of reasons for not doing so.

By comparison we should take a look at just some of the selfless sacrfices the Companions of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) made and we will surely realise how ours pale into comparison and far from Islam we are. We eally do need to take a good look at the life of the Last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and the companions to try & understand how much we owe them, then take a look at how much (or little) we do to show our gratitude.

Abu Ayyoub reported that the Messenger of Allah, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam said "Whoever fasts the month of Ramadhan and then follows it by fasting six days during the month of Shawwal will be rewarded as if he had fasted the entire year. [Muslim, at-Tirmithi, Ibn Majah, Abu Dawood and Ahmad by way of Jabir].
These days can be anytime during the month of Shawwal except the first day because it is unlawful to fast the day of Eid. These days do not have to be at beginning of the month nor do they have to be consecutive. Hence, Muslims should seize this opportunity and fast these six days to get Allah's reward.

Pls find a space to mention me in your duahs.
PS if you can't see the realplayer or Windows Media player on the left it means you need to install them I think.

No comments: