Hereunder we suggest a 24- hour programme for the month of Ramadhân. It is an example of spending our time correctly. The programme starts from Maghrib till Maghrib the following day.
- Read: "O You who are Great in Bounties, forgive me", as many times as possible before Iftâr.
- Make du’â 5 to 10 minutes before Iftâr. The du’â of a fasting person is readily accepted at this time.
- Make Iftâr quickly. Thereafter perform Maghrib (for men with Jamât and for women at home).
- After Maghrib perform 6 to 20 Rakâts Awwâbîn Namâz.
- Read Surah Tabarak after Maghrib. The benefit of it is that it will save us from the punishment of the grave.
- Read Surah Waqiyah. The virtue of it is that it will save one from poverty.
- Have supper quickly. Our suggestion is that due to the long days, have a rest for 15 - 20 minutes before Esha, so that one may be fresh for Tarawîh and Esha salâh.
- Prepare for Esha before the Esha Azân and proceed for Esha and Tarawîh Salât. Return home immediately after Tarawîh or after any Deeni programme in the Masjid. Do not waste time talking and discussing political and business issues.
- On returning home, read Surah Sajdah. Thereafter spend a few minutes with the family and try to sleep as early as possible allowing one to arise, 45-60 minutes before Sehri, for Tahajjud salâh.
- Read Tasbeeh-e-Fatimi before sleeping.
- Perform at least 4,8, or 12 rakâts Tahajjud salâh, thereafter read the first kalima 100 times and then make du’â before partaking of Suhoor.
- Immediately after Sehri proceed to the Masjid for Fajr Salâh. After Fajr recite the Qurân till Ishrâq time.
- Perform 2 or 4 Rakâts Ishrâq. The benefit is that your daily work will become easy and you will attain the reward of an accepted Haj. After Ishrâq rest before going to work. People who are self employed should take advantage of this rest and also give their employees this opportunity.
- At work or at one's business, one should keep one's tongue moist with Zikr eg. Kalimah Tayyibah, Istighfâr and Durood Shareef. Those who are bay't to a Sheikh should complete their prescribed Zikr.
- Try to be early for Zohar Namâz so that one could read the Qurân immediately after one has read the 4 Sunnat-e-Muakkadah before the Jamât Namâz. If possible try to read Qurân after Zohar Namâz as well, depending on how long one's lunch break is.
- After completing Asar Namâz, read Durood Shareef at least 100 times and Istighfâr 100 times.
- Thereafter spend the balance of the time reciting Qurân till Iftâr time, not forgetting the du’â before Iftâr.
Published by Villa Liza Madrassah, Benoni